Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Snipe

A while back I did a few illustrations for the Snipe, a particularly comics friendly entertainment news site based out of Vancouver. Here they be:


The website used to be called Guttersnipe. Here's an earlier version of this last one, which was based directly off of Blow-Up.

I had some random Jimi Hendrix documentary on the other day while I was doing the dishes. I sketched a couple of his girlfriends. I like Fayne's hairstyle- it's like a black version of Gunsmith Cats hair or something.

I finally got to see Melancholia, which never got a theatre release in nowhere'sville Alaska.


Lars Von Trier is one of a handful of modern day directors who make movies I rush out to see. The film, partly about a planet smashing into the earth, is a painfully accurate representation of anxiety. Go watch it and feel like shit.

It's impossible to talk about this movie without mentioning Wagner's Tristan und Isolde, a tune I fell in love with when I saw Une Chien Andalou (which even at 15 minutes is one of my top ten favorite movies).


The Nazis had a huge hard-on for Wagner's music so some feel there must be something inherently wrong with it. I personally can find no such flaw.



The comics are going excruciatingly slow but they are coming along nonetheless. Time to put some more drops in that slowly filling bucket.

2 comments:

  1. I love Tezuka so much. What a great sequence of panels!

    This post has to much cool art in it. How can I fully appreciate the band piece when the floating heads over the highway is right there, waiting to be looked at... The band one is one of my favorite pieces of yours.

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dustin. We got a nice little thing goin' where we give each other high fives. When will the world wake up and realize how awesome we are? I like the band piece too. I like drawing bands. I wanna' do a comic about the fictional band I was never in.

    Computer question: When you make a comment do you have to prove you're not a robot? I always have to on your blog. So far I've been able to trick them into thinking I'm a human being.

    ReplyDelete